Pages

Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Cardiac Rehabilitation

Blood pressure (systolic) and pulse rate durin...
Blood pressure (systolic) and pulse rate during a normal response to Valsalva’s maneuver. Forty millimeter mercury pressure is applied at 5 seconds and relieved at 20 seconds. (Photo credit: Wikipedia)

The cardiac rehabilitation team was very friendly, helpful and well trained. They had a very good scheduled plan which was also mentored very well.

The first action was an orientation meeting with one of the supervisory Nurses. My interviewer had my hospital records and reviewed them with me. She gave me a lot of illustrations of my condition and what they would plan for my cardiac rehabilitation.  She reviewed the training manual for my Cardiac rehab program and how they (the crew) would work with me.

I had a choice of 7.00: AM, or 10.00 AM or 1:00PM. We meet as a class for 1 hour of exercise and 1 hour of class. The Exercise was Monday, Wednesday, Friday. The Class was every Wednesday or a few times on Monday.

My cardiac rehabilitation program was set up on Monday morning at 10:00AM. When I arrived. We had to fill out a slip of paper, take our own pulse and record it on the slip of paper. There were about 15 people in the class. The supervisors attached 4 leads on our chest and stomach so they could monitor our pulse rate. They had about 25-30 machines of different types
The first two weeks, I was scheduled a Heart Rehabilitation exercise program. This is specifically designed to strengthen my heart. Then I was started a different exercise in the Cardiac rehab program.

There was usually four supervises (coach) to help us become acquainted with the equipment. They also took our blood pressure every 10 minutes to begin with. In a couple of weeks, they did not take it as often, but they watched us very closely.


There were Tread mills, Bicycles, rowing machines, Arm exercise machines etc.

The last 15 minutes of the class, we worked out together on lifting weights, Squats, Stretching our muscles in our arms, legs, neck etc.We were taught how to use this as a Cardiac Rehab program any where at any time.

Our classes were on Cardiac rehabilitation and what this would accomplish. There were videos and pictures, plus demonstrations by our teachers.

We were taught what the over all cardiac rehab program were going to do for our bodies. This included training in the type of medications we were prescribed and what they were doing for our bodies.

The Cardiac rehabilitation program also had classes to show us how to reduce the stress in our lives.

The cardiac rehab program is on going in my life. I found the benefits as I dropped off the exercises for awhile and I began to feel the difference. I began to feel weaker in my legs and arms. And every once in a while, I would wonder about little feelings in my chest, back or arms.

Getting started back into the cardiac rehab program has reduced my feelings and concerns.

Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment