Pages

Wednesday, August 14, 2013

The Whole Load?
 | salesman | sales manager | sales trainer | spring planting | cow | cows | Pastor | young pastor |

I have a little story for you which I developed many years ago.
You need to know that I worked for a livestock Feed
Manufacture Company during the 1970's and 80s.

I started out as a Rookie Sales man, was promoted up to a
District Manager, promoted again to a Territory Manager,
and promoted again to a Sales Trainer and finally, the Sales
Manager.

When I had the sales force in for training, which I did on a
regular base for the whole sales force, I developed the
training with an attention getter with humor and the main
 point as part of it. Which would go something like this?

I once had the opportunity when I was in College, to introduce
a young man that I knew to pastor at a small country church
that wanted a couple of weeks of and needed someone to
handle the duties while he was gone.

So this young man and the Pastor made an arrangement that he
would come out on Wednesday evening and present a sermon
so the Pastor could evaluate his ability.

Well, it was spring time and most of the congregation was
farmers and they were busy with Spring Planting. And would
 you know it, just one older couple showed up!

                      Old Country Church

The pastor told him to go ahead with his message any way which
he did. So the young student Pastor started out pretty nervous,
but got some confidence going. The couple seemed pretty
interested and that gave the young man more encouragement.

Now the more interested the couple showed, the more enthused
the young man became and he got to preaching faster and he
went on, and on, and  The rest of the story!




No comments:

Post a Comment