Pages

Saturday, November 9, 2013

| Black Smith Shop | Grand Pa | Horses | Buggy | Laughing Horse | Potato Sacks

PUMPING IRON!

Website Click Here    

My Mom and Dad had a Fruit ranch about 20 miles South-East
of Fresno California. My Dad’s parents had a ranch about
1 mile away, so I knew them very well.

                       Sister Janice and I hugging about 1942
My Sister Janice and I would see our grandparents very often.
Brother Ron was not born yet.

Grandpa passed away when I was about 15 years old. He was
usually very serious, but occasionally he would pull a funny.
I was always interested in hearing about his young age and
believed in everything he told me.

My grandfather was sent by his parents from Denmark at the age
of14 to live with his Aunt and Uncle here in Minden, Nebraska.
My grandfather worked in a blacksmith shop, and he used to tell
me how he had strengthen himself so he could stand the rigors of
blacksmiths.

Photo of Blacksmith Shop about 1900s.
For the rest of the story Click Here

No comments:

Post a Comment